|Our rusty a/c compressor--outta here!|
On our survey, the a/c didn't work (dang). Then, miraculously, it did work (Yeah!). Then it quit again (Dang!). As you may recall, we gave in and bought a window a/c unit from Lowe's in Charleston. Since then, it has been improved with insulation, a canvas cover and modified ducting (new piece of cardboard). It will also run off our portable generator, if needed (the boat's a/c wouldn't). So when our dock neighbor's a/c went out, so we didn't hesitate to give them our a/c water pump. We've discussed removing the boat installed a/c unit since the window unit seems to work fine. (If it quits working we chuck it & buy another one for $100. Our boat a/c controller would need to be shipped into the manufacturer, who will probably tell us we need a new one.) There was talk of putting a water-maker in it's place (under the settee) or at least making room to store the portable a/c unit when underway.
|Our current hatch/window a/c unit|
|Port bow anchor locker, before (compressor in under the lower access panel)|
The rest of the a/c (evaporator and fan) was removed from under the settee (First Mate and cat ejected AGAIN!) I'm beginning to envision a wine locker...
The anchor locker was cleaned, repainted and dri-dek was put down. Some line hooks and a new Mantus chain hook was installed. Chain was flaked back into the locker. Our anchor locker is pristine (clearly we've been in a marina too long!)