Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Special Report: McClellanville, SC

The Shrimping fleet.  I took this pic while docking :-0
I apologize for the jump ahead.  I have to edit & add pics for our last few stops.  However, I have to share this wonderful little stop with you right now.  There are only 2 marinas between Georgetown & Charleston and this is one.  Many ICW'ers pass this place by because low tide is 4 ft at the dock, but stops like this are our favorite.  We're definitely off the beaten path and found a little slice of Americana.  Unfortunately, not my best pics but this was just on our short walk to lunch.










The Captain's pic:  A palm tree & oak tree side by side.  "You don't see that every day."

Appetizer:  Steamed local clams in white wine broth

Grilled local shrimp, red rice, coleslaw (homemade tartar sauce)

"Eat"


No comments:

Post a Comment